It was touching last week. The Rangers showed a lot of class and attention to their first choice, our Alexis Lafrenière. We hailed his arrival on the beautiful big screens of Broadway, and in French on top of that. Also, he was presented his sweater, not forgetting the serious accent at Lafrenière. A great mark of respect for the young francophone.
The last time the Rangers had a first pick in the draft was in 1965.
Be careful, the Blue Shirts had chosen a Quebecker.
This is a defender, André Veilleux, who has never managed to carve out a place in the National League.
What is a little weird is that this man lives in Saint-Eustache, where Alexis Lafrenière is from.
André Veilleux, now 72 years old, had a very successful career as a police officer in Montreal.
It is during the next week that Guy Lafleur will begin a series of treatments to fight the cancer that has returned and is affecting his lungs.
Guy has excellent morale, is positive, and has agreed to join a research group that involves 700 patients around the world.
Immunotherapy and chemo as needed, Guy is strong-willed and confident.
He never ceases to praise the CHUM medical team, for which he has become a spokesperson. The CHUM and Lafleur, an association that can only win.
He’s worried, but he keeps smiling.
Guy Lafleur gin is a resounding success and, keep a secret, in the coming weeks, Guy Lafleur champagne is coming. This man is a living SAQ.
From the enclave
- Turner Stevenson still has at home the two benches of the old Forum that the organization of the Canadian had given him after the closing of the building. Turner now lives in Seattle and says he misses Montreal.
- Happy Birthday. Alexander Tagliani is 48 years old today.
- In the last 7 days, Mavrick bourque, the captain of the Shawinigan Cataractes was selected in the first round by the Dallas Stars and was then chosen player of the week in the Courteau circuit. When things are going well.
- All good golfers claim that the Titleist ProV1 is the best ball on the market. Me, I have better results with the Callaway Chrome Truvis Soft. What do I do ?
- Is this the first time in 120 years of history that no one has played hockey a October 18 in Canada ?
- You have no idea what word the name derives from “Partridge “. I don’t want to write it to you here, but check out Wikipedia. It comes from the thud of the wings when they take off, when they take off.
- He has finished eating his black bread. In Switzerland (Lausanne), Charles Hudon will have a wonderful career and gain exceptional cultural experience. Good luck on the shores of Lake Geneva, Charly. A place of great beauty … almost as beautiful as Lac Saint-Jean.
- It is with great sadness that the men’s tennis tournament is already canceled Challenger National Bank of Drummondville. The 7th edition was to take place next March. We are already thinking of a later date.
- Back from a short 2-day small game hunt in the Rouge-Matawin, I am seduced by the small chalets called Modik by SEPAQ, made in Quebec, designed for 4 people. We note that 94% of hunters and fishermen are satisfied. Well made and comfortable.
- According to Gilbert Delorme, the Power Shooter Pro, a device for perfecting your hockey throw, works wonders. Wrist, backhand shots, slapshots help. Especially when you have to train alone.
- The captain Jonathan toews Blackhawks really didn’t appreciate his club management letting go Corey Crawford, and he was not shy to let it be known. The Châteauguay goalkeeper will now work in New Jersey.
- He is a teammate of Maurice Richard who got him the nickname Rocket. Ray getliffe was fascinated by Maurice’s speed.