Rome | Cristiano Ronaldo, currently in quarantine in Italy after testing positive for coronavirus in Portugal, said on Friday that he had not “broken any health protocol”, in response to statements Thursday from the Italian Minister of Sports.
“I am in compulsory quarantine, (…) respecting the laws, rules, protocols and I have not broken any protocol,” said the Portuguese star of Juventus, in a live video on Instagram.
CR7 claims to have “done everything well” by organizing its return to Italy with an “ambulance plane”, ambulances and avoiding any contact, “all this with authorizations”.
“A gentleman whose name I’m not going to tell here in Italy (…) said that I didn’t respect protocol, it’s just a lie. I respected and I will respect all the protocols, ”insisted the player.
Italian Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora estimated Thursday that Ronaldo could have broken health rules, in response to a question relating both to the player’s return to Turin, but also to his departure for Portugal, ten days earlier , while Juve were in solitary confinement.
The local health authorities in Turin have indeed taken justice last week after the departure of the Portuguese star and other international club bianconero to join their respective selections. The players were then subjected to an isolation procedure in the hotel of Juve after two positive tests at the club.
Those concerned are exposed to a fine, but also to possible sporting sanctions.
Ronaldo, who claims in his video not to have “the slightest symptom”, returned to Turin “with a medical flight authorized by the competent health authorities”, had already assured Juventus.
“I am continuing my quarantine, I am alone, my family is on another floor, we cannot have contact and it will be like that at least for the next ten days,” Ronaldo described on Instagram.
He is already forfeited for the next two matches of the Bianconeri, Saturday against Crotone in Serie A then Tuesday against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League.
The question that torments Juve supporters is above all whether the five-time Ballon d’Or will be delivered in time for the Champions League clash against Lionel Messi’s FC Barcelona on October 28.