Portions: 4 to 6 | Preparation: 20 minutes
- A box of 500 g of short macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. to s. tapioca starch
- 4 cups unsweetened vegetable milk, cold
- 2 tbsp. 1/2 teaspoon white miso
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 C. to s. mustard powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 11⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 C. to s. ketchup
- 1 cup grated vegan cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, melt the margarine over medium heat. Add the flour and mix. Leave to cook for a few moments, stirring with a whisk until you obtain a creamy and homogeneous consistency.
- In a bowl, combine the tapioca starch and vegetable milk.
- Gradually add the vegetable milk to the roux composed of the flour and the margarine in the cauldron while stirring. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the vegetable cheese. Stir constantly until boiling so that the sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is thick enough, add the cheddar. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Add the pasta and coat well with the sauce. To serve.