Quebec asks for the collaboration of hunters to prevent the spread of the virus.
• Read also: All developments in the COVID-19 pandemic
• Read also: The second wave more contagious than the first
While new sectors will move to the red level with maximum alert as of Sunday, the Ministry of Forests, Wildlife and Parks has issued an important reminder concerning hunting activities.
The rest of the season is not compromised, but for hunters who will still choose to move, it is requested to limit as much as possible contacts and outings in public places, especially shops in the regions visited. .
As Quebec is at the heart of its fall hunting season, the Department also reminds holders of a hunting license that they must ensure that they comply with the instructions of public health authorities at all times:
- for all citizens, to avoid moving from one region to another or from one city to another, except in case of necessity;
- for all citizens, to avoid both indoor and outdoor gatherings, and to maintain a distance of two meters between people at all times;
- people who live in a region that is at the orange or red level, to avoid going to a green, yellow or orange zone as well as outside Quebec, except for essential trips;
- that all their provisions are made before the departure of the hunting trip.
For hunters, increased vigilance is also recommended on return if close contact has been unavoidable.