The promotion surrounding the upcoming Conor McGregor-Dustin Poirier duel, slated for Jan. 23 as part of UFC 257, continues as the two fighters multiply inflammatory statements.
• Read also: Dana White will try to convince Nurmagomedov
On Thursday, it was McGregor’s turn to ignite the discussions by saying he was ready for a real war.
“Dustin is tough. To be honest, I wish it was a war, I’m definitely ready for it, ”the Irishman said in an interview broadcast by TheMacLife website.
At the same time, McGregor said he believed he would beat the American pretty quickly.
“I’m going to throw some powerful punches in the first 60 seconds,” he noted. If Dustin can stay there, I’m ready to go. ”
In a previous outing on the podcast “This Past Weekend” by actor and comedian Theo Von, Poirier said he hoped blood would flow from the start of the fight.
“I want us to bleed both and see who is the best fighter, to see who really wants to be there,” Poirier said.
This second fight between McGregor (22-4-0) and Poirier (26-6-1) will take place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The two men had already clashed, in September 2014, and the Irishman had won by K.-O. in the first round.