Friday , January 15 2021

Two Bloc members will not stand for re-election in the next election

(Ottawa) The Bloc Québécois will lose two of its players in the next election campaign.

Mirabel MP Simon Marcil and Trois-Rivières MP Louise Charbonneau announced in a press release that they will not stand for re-election in the next election.

Mr. Marcil, who is in his second term, says he made this decision for family reasons.

The MP had attracted media attention due to his prolonged absence in the past year; he had finally admitted that he suffered from bipolar disorder.

He said in his statement that his state of health allows him to return to work full time and that he will stay until the end of his term.

Mme Charbonneau has not explained why she is not running again, but says she is deeply grateful for the trust voters placed in her in 2019.

She only served one term under the banner of the Bloc Québécois.

The announcements come as early election rumors escalate. Earlier this week, the Trudeau government carried out a cabinet reshuffle following the announcement of the departure of former Minister Navdeep Bains.



www.lapresse.ca

Check Also

Imprisoned in China | Relatives of Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor were able to talk to them

(Ottawa) The two Canadians arbitrarily detained in China, Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, spoke on …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *