Apple showcases the best apps from its AppStore that have won the favor of audiences of all ages and are recognized for their cultural impact, usefulness and significance.
This year unlike any other, it’s no surprise to see apps appear that have made it easier for people to adapt to the new standardization.
Guess which app is at the top this year? None other than Zoom! The video conferencing app has found its way into almost every device, not only in Canada, but also in our neighbors and around the world.
Not very far, in second position, the presence of the TikTok app which was hugely successful under the name of Douyin in China is not surprising either. The possibility of producing short videos of dancing for up to 60 seconds did not take long to take hold among young people.
In third place, the Disney + app quickly carved out a place to take shares in the juicy and highly coveted streaming market (the famous streaming) alongside Netflix, Prime Video and Apple TV +. It also won the app of the year on the Apple TV platform.
Although only available in English, the Among Us game! for iPad and iPhone tops the free games rankings.
Online or over your local WiFi, 4 to 10 players prepare their spaceship for departure, but an impostor is determined to eliminate all players. Then the crew can win by completing all the tasks or discovering the impostor on board. The latter can use sabotage to wreak havoc and have better alibis in his murderous round.
In second position, we find the game Brain Out and, in third, the competitor of Fortnite, Call of Duty: Mobile (Battle Royale, Sniper 5v5), from Activision, which delighted fans of this popular franchise.
A word about the two most popular paid games; Minecraft and Plague inc. The first offers to explore infinite worlds and build everything, from the simplest house to the largest of castles.
Difficult not to make a connection with the current pandemic. In Plague Inc., you have to spread a virus, devise strategies and terrifying simulations. But humanity will not be defeated so easily. It’s up to you to use your imagination.
The most popular books on the Apple store (in French)
- Consent; Vanessa Springora
- Em; Kim Thùy
- How to become anti-racist; Ibram X. Kendi
- Source; Félix Séguin, Éric Thibault
- Stretcher 41; Catherine Cloutier-Charrette
- Braziers; Marc Menard
- The dream life of orphan socks; Marie Vareille
- Death or Glory, Nicholas Eames; Olivier Debernard
- Two flowers in winter; Delphine Pessin
- Little strange; Fred caron
Most Popular Audiobooks in Canada (in French)
- Meditate to be happy
- Misunderstandings; Malcolm Gladwell
- Western canoe; Laurette Laurin
- Nickel Boys; Colson Whitehead
- The integral beast; David Goudreault
- Mafia, Inc .; André Cedilot
- Ghetto X; Patrice Robitaille
- Pauline Marois; Élyse-Andrée Héroux
- Hunger Games – The Ballad of the Snake and the Songbird; Suzanne collins
- Immortal death; Liu cixin