Despite his recent confessions about a limited passion for basketball, the Minnesota Timberwolves made Anthony Edwards the first-ever pick in the NBA Draft on Wednesday.
Edwards was indeed talked about in the hours leading up to the auction, admitting that he was not “deeply” into basketball and that he would have preferred to play football. Rather than focusing on this important day in his career, he took advantage of his media visibility on Tuesday to criticize the rapping skills of Damian Lillard.
With the University of Georgia in 2019-2020, he still kept averages of 19.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game.
James Wiseman was the second prospect to hear his name as he will join the Golden State Warriors
Measuring 7 ‘and 1’ ‘, the center exhibits good athleticism. Born in Nashville, USA, he is a product of the Memphis University Tigers.
He was, however, limited to three games in 2019-20 before being suspended for receiving an unlicensed financial helping hand from his head coach Penny Hardaway. He then decided to end his university career to prepare for this draft.
Full-back LaMelo Ball is finally out in the third rung and will wear the Charlotte Hornets uniform. He was tipped by some to be the top pick overall.
Known for his skills as a playmaker, LeMelo wore the uniform of the Hawks of Illawarra, Australia during the 2019-2020 campaign. He was notably named Tour Rookie of the Year with an average of 17 points, 7.4 rebounds and 6.8 assists per game.
He represents the last gem of the Ball family, in which Father LaVar is fiercely involved in the development of his sons. There was Lonzo, selected second overall by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2017 draft and now with the New Orleans Pelicans, then LiAngelo, who has yet to play in the NBA.
The Chicago Bulls then set their sights on Florida State University winger Patrick Williams. The Cleveland Cavaliers, in fifth place, added Isaac Okoro.
The Toronto Raptors were scheduled to speak in 29th overall. Quebecer Karim Mané made himself eligible for the draft and was still available after the first five selections.
Quebecer Karim Mané made himself eligible for the draft and was still available after the first round.
The NBA’s first round selections
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Anthony Edwards
- Golden State Warriors – James Wiseman
- Charlotte Hornets – LaMelo Ball
- Chicago Bulls – Patrick Williams
- Cleveland Cavaliers – Isaac Okoro
- Atlanta Hawks – Onyeka Okongwu
- Detroit Pistons – Killian Hayes
- New York Knicks – Obi Toppin
- Washington Wizards – Deni Avdija
- Phoenix Suns – Jalen Smith
- San Antonio Spurs – Devin Vassell
- Sacramento Kings – Tyrese Haliburton
- New Orleans Pelicans – Kira Lewis Jr.
- Boston Celtics – Aaron Nesmith
- Orlando Magic – Cole Anthony
- Detroit Pistons – Isaiah Stewart
- Oklahoma City Thunder – Aleksej Pokusevski
- Dallas Mavericks – Josh Green
- Detroit Pistons – Saddiq Bey
- Miami Heat – Precious Achiuwa
- Philadelphia 76ers – Tyrese Maxey
- Denver Nuggets – Zeke Nnaji
- New York Knicks – Leandro Bolmaro
- New Orleans Pelicans – RJ Hampton
- New York Knicks – Immanuel Quickley
- Boston Celtics – Payton Pritchard
- Utah Jazz – Udoka Azubuike
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Jaden McDaniels
- Toronto Raptors – Malachi Flynn
- Memphis Grizzlies – Desmond Bane